Sunday, July 15, 2007

Yikes. I needed that.

So, I am in need of getting in shape! I went to Seven Oaks today to put in three laps which is about 20 miles or so of technical single track. I finished two. My lower back was screaming. My legs were fine, but my back was in pain. Too much sitting at a desk huh!??! So, I ended up with about 13.5 miles. That doesn't translate to a very good B63 next weekend does it. Sixty three miles of single track at elevation. I guess I will have my work cut out for me.

I will say this, trying to stay positive, that I did do my laps in 52:20 and 51:40. I usually do them in 60 minutes. I was pushing hard, but not 100 percent. I am sure if I hadn't been going as hard my back would have last a lot longer. I did find that my technical skills are doing better, I just can't climb to save my life! If I had that extra little power to get up the climbs I think I could pull off 45 minute laps.

Happy training.

1 comment:

mr. f. g. superman said...

How'd it go! Report! Report!