Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A good run, but wimpy.

Today warmed up with 2.5 miles and then the plan was 3 X 1 mile at 6:30 pace with the setting of the treadmill on level ground. The first mile repeat was good, but I could feel the last .1-.2. I then walked for 5 minutes at a very easy pace to completely rest. Then came repeat number two just a bit tougher and was wanting it be done around the .75 mark. Complete rest again and then went for number three. I was starting to feel it a bit at .4-.5 and was starting to work. I quit at .85. What a loser. I could have made it to 1.00, but I just didn't. Mentally weak and that is all there is to it! I attribute it to not running at that pace for that long in nearly 4 years when I ran that pace for a 5k! I have a ways to go, but it is coming.

I finished with 30 minutes at an easy pace on the bike.

Happy training.

No comments: