Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Yikes!

I am sorry for the lack of posting. I haven't had much time. Here is a quick note on what has been up!

Went to CO to go skiing for a week! I had the time of my life! Got back and had 220 emails at work and was VERY busy catching up! I didn't run or ride for two weeks. I went and ran a 5k. I wanted 21:30, but the lack of two weeks off led to 22:30. Pretty depressing as it wasn't that long ago I ran a half marathon at that pace! That isn't bragging that is ripping on my 5K!!! BUT, it was very good for me as it showed me that I can't take time off and expect much and that I have to be consistent. After the race I went on a 15 mile gravel grinder. This past Sunday I did another 15 miler. Gravel is awesome, but wet.

Today, Tuesday, I ran 4 miles and then followed through on my promise. I donate plasma for extra cash once or twice a week so I promised myself that if I wanted the money from donating plasma then I had to commute. So, after my run I rode the 9 miles to the plasma center and back. It is a great commute of 3 miles of gravel, side walks, trails, and lonely city streets.

I hope to get out for a ride on Saturday or Sunday morning. Likely Sunday morning. If you want to join in on the fun I am looking at 35-45 miles of gravel.

Happy training!

3 comments:

The Boring Runner said...

I think that the 5k and 10k distances are the first to go when you take a break. But, they are the first to come back when you get back into the swing!

Man, I can only imagine how soft the gravel roads are.... I'm sure that they'll freeze over again soon enough. hehe

mr. f. g. superman said...

Anyone that forces themselves to ride by promising a good painful prick in the arm as reward deserves respect. You're tough as nails Paul, tough as nails.

Paul said...

Yeah, Chauncey ;^), you know I am about as weak as a tooth pick!