Tuesday, March 24, 2009

It's coming!

This past week I was in southern Missouri for four days so I didn't get any riding in, but I did get a nice 6 mile run in. It was incredible as it was on a series of one tenth of a mile to one mile rollers and some of them were at an estimated 15-20 percent grade. I am sure a 85 VW Rabbit wouldn't have made it up some of these hills. I was happy to have averaged 8 minute pace on this run. I will admit though, my calves were not prepared for such steep hills so I felt it for a few days!

On Monday I got my 2nd of 25 25 milers in on the bike. It was windy with gusts up to 40 mph so it was a bit exciting. I will admit, half the ride was in Ames so I really can't say I battled the wind for the whole 25. Tonight, Tuesday, I got out for a nice 10 mile run. This felt great. I took it nice and easy running 9:30-10:00 pace and closed with a 6:50 last mile. I just wanted to get the distance in and took it easy.

I have gotten into that "manic" state again for my training so I am very anxious to see where I am at come Trans Iowa time on May 2!

Happy training.

3 comments:

PaddyH said...

an 83 would've though, I've got experience push'n them

Paul said...

Well, with you pushing it then yes it probably would have made it!

I hope all is well Paddy.

mr. f. g. superman said...

Nice to see you're rounding out your training, sadly I'm just rounding out...fine with it though - perhaps just another chapter of cycling history for me. Wish I could be there lurking about in the night cheering you on desolate gravel roads during TI. Tentatively planning on a late summer tour home. Can't wait to see all ya.