Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Break

During the break I ran 3-4 miles every other day on a old treadmill of my mother-in-laws. It pretty much sucked, but it was something. I continued with my push ups, sit ups, pull ups, and squats. Today, I weighed the most I every have. This was after supper and drinking about 20 ounces and was fully clothed, but it still sucked. I need to lose a bit of weight.

Today was a 5.8 mile run. I did a nice warm up of .5 miles then ran 4.9 miles in 40 minutes. This consisted of running 8:30 pace for .5 miles then 7:15-7:30 pace for .5 miles and going back to the 8:30 pace. I did this for 4.9 miles then did a .4 mile cool down. I do all my runs on the random mode so it is completely up hill for the entire run, but nothing very steep. Just four years ago I run a half marathon (13.1 miles) at 7:20 pace. I have a ways to go to get in that kind of shape again.

Paul Varnum and I are going for a ride tomorrow. I am also looking at a ride on Saturday and hope to do the BRR ride this year!

Breckenridge is under four weeks away! I can't wait!

No comments: