Sunday, December 30, 2007

Tired.

After Thursday's ride with Cory I was really feeling like things were coming together physically. I am getting in better shape and the sit and grinding away is getting better I found out today that I am needing just a bit of time off. I think anyway.

This past Friday I got up early and went to the gym. I ran my 4 miles in 30 minutes and lifted harder than I have in moves. I was feeling it pretty good for the rest of the day. Then Saturday morning I did some core work and some squats with weights and some other calastetics. Then last night we had some of Tammy's coworkers over and I hit the hay around 2 in the morning. Getting up this morning wasn't easy (I didn't push snooze though!) and I just wasn't wanting to go riding for whatever reason. I showed up for our little group ride about 10 minutes late. I hate being late. I really didn't have much gusto and about 1.5 hours into the ride I wanted to call it quits. I think we ended up riding about 2 hours and I have no clue how many miles it ended up being.

The plus side was that I picked up Other Paul's Cyclops trainer and will give that a go. I need to get a slick tire put on as the hum of knobbies is enough to drive a person mad.

Happy training.

1 comment:

mr. f. g. superman said...

Continental makes a trainer specific tire for 700c wheels. I have one. I'm pretty sure it'd fit your wheels, but you'd have to ask Skunk to be certain; road rims and 29ers are different widths, but it would vary how different. It withstands the heat that you get on a trainer better than a normal tire and doesn't break down as easily. Plus, in your case, no hum from knobs.